Pages

Sunday 14 March 2010

33mile bike ride training week2 (1 month later)

I'd decided before the weekend that I really should get back out on the bike for a bit more practice (last week I'd been in Paris for my birthday, week before it was rainy, week before that I was in Edinburgh).

Made a cracking 3-egg bacon & mushroom omelette for breakfast, so I'd be able to cycle for miles.

Shaved my hairy legs and changed my socks (was wearing my bagpuss pink/white stripeys but changed them to my Lisa socks). Left the house about 11.15am.

It was a bit of a blowy start (into the wind) up to Earsdon along the road, then off road towards Holywell. We kept a steady pace and I did a few short sprints. Mr Lisa decided to fall as we were leaving Holywell village, but he was fine (he'll probably tell you it was my fault), and we had a good cycle back towards Monkseaton Drive.

It was a lot warmer than last time, and I wore too many layers.
But was pleased with the distance and time, and the fact that I wasn't feeling too nackered afterwards.

If I can aim for double the distance by the end of March I'll be happy!

==============================================================================
Northern Rock Cyclone 2010
Saturday 12th June 2010, 33miles
Raising money for the RNLI, please sponsor me!

No comments:

Post a Comment