Pages

Sunday 20 June 2010

The Bridge Hotel: Handover


Well, that's it - Bridge Hotel finished, tools down, job done - all done at 9pm Saturday evening (this was taken Sunday morning).

Looking back at my original plans and ideas for ingredients have I used any?

Yes: marzipan, red icing, mint thin wafers (doors), candy cigarette (flagpole).

Did I encounter any problems?

Yes, recommended sizes were a problem, so ignored those :)
I also decided to do the side wall without rendering - just to see what it would look like, which meant I wasted half a packet of icing and had to go out on Saturday to find some. Fortunately the cake decorating shop in Tynemouth had some in.

Will I build another one?

Never say never. The possibilites are endless, doing an entire map of Newcastle PUBS would be a great follow-up to this.
I was proud to be a part of cakebook & EAT! I've never done this kind of thing before, and felt that I could do it, and wanted to prove to myself that I could, and I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment