Pages

Sunday 20 February 2011

10 Things I did this week: 8th -14th Feb

  1. Mr Lisa made a curry from the Madhur Jaffrey Ultimate Curry Bible - I'm so glad he got it for Christmas, he's cooked the best curries I've had.
  2. I booked an event to sell my Phoenix Cards at: Cullercoats Community Centre 2nd April 2011.
  3. Have 2 pairs of black knee high boots in my possession, I'm trying to buy a new pair.  I've finally chosen the 'lucky pair' - which are a pair of Dr Martens from Scorpio Shoes - bought online and delivered next day (free delivery & free returns! - bargain)
  4. Borrowed a pair of walking boots from a colleague.  I don't possess a pair of walking boots and need some for my walking holiday in June.  The plan is that I borrow these boots, have a practise for my walking holiday and possibly buy something similar.
  5. Went to a suprise birthday party at Silk Room, Newcastle.  It was pitched as a 'Champagne Bar & Restaurant' - but it was more restaurant than bar.  The food was great, the service a little ropey (a between-course palate cleansing champagne sorbet was forgotten).  However, the birthday girl, Helen, seemed to enjoy herself and Michy had organised birthday cake too.
  6. Met up and had dinner with The Lively Ladies, all 5 of us met up: Catherine, Gillian, Caroline, Sophia and Susan - had a really good catch up and discussed Gillian's birthday cake (I'm building her some beach huts (out of cake)).
  7. Went for a long walk - details recorded on Endomondo here and Endomondo here, stopped at Holywell Dene and watched the birds: blue tits, great tits, coal tits, a dunnock, a robin, and a nuthatch, then further on a long-tailed tit.
  8. Planted more stuff in the greenhouse at home, see my other blog for the lowdown.
  9. Got into work before 8.30am for the first time this year, the sunny early mornings are really helping me get up and out of bed.  My bodyclock seems to wake me before the 6.45am alarm.
  10. Bought a Groupon voucher for a 1hr horse riding lesson (8.50 instead of £18) - I now need to book it in - I'm quite excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment