Pages

Thursday 15 May 2014

The best injection & filling from a dentist I've ever had

I use a NHS dentist in North Shields, it's a 15min (or so) drive from home. It's not the closest to where I live but it's the one that was accepting new NHS patients at the time, like me. I've been going for about 3 or 4years after leaving a private practice (the dentist I had there looked like Simon Pegg) and they charged a small fortune.

Today I had a filling, one to replace the temporary one when an old one dropped out earlier in the month.

Before we began she asked about reactions or problems, I said no to reactions but I didn't really like needles.

She delivered the injection gently, as in, I didn't feel the needle go in or feel the stuff in the needle go in either, or the needle come out and I've never had that from a dental injection before, Impressive!

Then as she actually did the filling she talked through each part,  "now we build up the layers....and one more layer...." which I thought was really interesting, as well as reassuring.

I don't particularly enjoy going to the dentist but this experience was very pleasant (as far as dentist appointments go) and I think that's all down to the dentist and I've got a good one. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment